What is SenioRx?
SenioRx provides assistance with medications for those uninsured, underinsured or in the coverage gap of Medicare. Participants can receive prescription drugs at no or low costs.
In fiscal year 2022, NARCOG saved 450 seniors in the Region $2,630,611.93 in drug costs through SenioRx.
Individuals are screened by counselors and connected with patient assistance programs offered through drug manufacturers. Participants must meet the eligibility requirements below.
You must be a legal resident of the state of Alabama and apply in your legal county of residence to qualify.
- Must be 55 years of age or older
- Have at least one (1) chronic medical condition and take daily medication for the condition
- Have an income at 200% of the poverty level (some pharmaceutical companies allow high incomes, so please give us a call for an evaluation)
- Have no prescription drug coverage or insufficient drug coverage
- Have a Medicare Part D plan but are in the coverage gap for services or have a Medicare Part D plan that does not cover your drugs
For those with disabilities of any age
- Have had a disability declared by a doctor or Social Security, or have applied for Social Security Disability
- Have no prescription drug coverage or insufficient drug coverage including being in the 24-month gap for Medicare once on Social Security disability
SenioRx is 100% funded by the Alabama State Legislature. This program is not operated under the Older Americans Act.
Get in touch with our SenioRx Coordinator