Many of the programs we provide rely upon gifts to meet the needs of those within the region. Our NARCOG Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that provides assistance to older adult or disabled clients to meet the unmet needs of other programs or services. 100% of the funds donated are used for client assistance. Here are just a few ways you can give.
Monetary donations are used to meet many unmet client needs. Your donations may help purchase materials to construct wheelchair ramps, grab bars for bathrooms, or a battery for a power scooter. Our Foundation ensures that funds are utilized for those most in need.
There are ongoing needs for the following items:
- Cleaning supplies (Dish detergent, Disinfectant, Bleach)
- Adult diapers and Depends
- Paper Products (paper towels, bath tissue, kleenex)
- Requests for special items will be posted here as needs are identified.
Volunteers truly are the difference when it comes to the success of NARCOG’s programs. The services provided by volunteers are more important than ever, with decreased funding and increased need. Time is valuable, so we work hard to arrange opportunities that utilize your talents and skills and provide for a rewarding experience. Learn more.
More Than a Meal - Volunteers are needed to deliver hot meals to homebound older adults during the week. Call 256-355-4515 to learn more about this opportunity.
Every contribution helps us positively impact people and communities. Print a volunteer application here.
Opportunities for Individuals
- More Than a Meal - Homebound Meal Delivery
- State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) – helps Medicare beneficiaries
- Ombudsman Representative – Friendly Visits to Long-Term Care Residents
- Administrative Support
- Resource Centers – Greeters, restock materials
- Special Events
Opportunities for Groups
- Mr. Fix-It – minor home repairs
- Construction – Wheelchair ramps, steps and handrails
- Lawn Care
- More Than a Meal